INDIRA MIRROR SET
- A beautiful set of choker and a pair of matching earrings inspired by Afghani tribal style this pair is easy wear and perfect for the festive season.
- Material: Brass with Mirror Stones.
- Measurement: The choker measures 60 cm in length. The earrings measure 8 cm in length and 4 cm in width.
- The choker it's completely adjustable for easy wear.
- Note: This is mirror and not glass work please expect irregularities in shaput, fixture, positioning of the pieces. This is due to the nature of the material used and is not seen as a defect.
Afghan traditional clothes and jewellery are originated from the Kuchis in Afghanistan. Kochis or Kuchis (from the Persian word: کوچ koch; meaning “migration”) are Afghan Pashtun nomads, primarily from the Ghilji tribal confederacy.
They used to migrate or wander on borders between Afghanistan and Pakistan. In Pakistan they used to move towards Indus Valley and in the west they used to move towards Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
Some of the most distinguished Ghilji Kochi tribes include the Kharoti, Andar and Ahmadzai. Authentic Tribal jewellery takes not only a culturally idealized outward appearance, but also reflects a way of life that is steeped in socio-cultural tradition.
Traditionally, Afghan women wear this jewellery as everyday wear, and also for special ceremonies. The more expensive jewellery, made with precious stones and solid metals, are generally worn on special occasions such as weddings and tribal celebrations. These exuberant pieces create a sense of individual beauty, and also ward off evil spirits.
All vintage products are made from brass and hand cut glass stones that are unique to the region and an amalgamation of mixed metals. The product is sourced from different villages and districts in Afghanistan.
There is no local source of gold and silver in Afghanistan so, the tribal women and artisans made this purely by their hand. They started with melting down old coins.
Kuchi jewellery incorporates colourful glass jewels, coins, bells, dangles, beadwork, embroidery, mirrors, pom poms & bright fabrics, creating impressive headpieces, earrings, necklaces, chokers, cuffs, bracelets, rings, belts & anklets.
You can also notice beautiful popular motifs of fish, hearts, flowers and natural elements that are considered bearers of goodwill.
Every piece of vintage is curated by us with a lot of physical work for our suppliers and us. Every couple of months we sit down with them for lunch and sort beautiful pieces from pile of metal.
Every piece is picked up with meticulous attention to their colors, condition and composition.